In 2014 we moved into our new factory located in Speke Liverpool, close to Liverpool John Lennon airport. The layout and equipment in this facility is a long way from the 1942 factory that Edward Billington purchased from a Mr McAlister in 1942. Central Tin Canister, as it was then known can trace its history back to when it supplied tins for spices in the Crimean war.
Late in the 90’s after a review of the Billington Group’s future strategy the Packaging Division was sold and the metal packaging part was purchased by a management buyout team in 2000. The company was then renamed Central Tin Containers Ltd.
During the next decade capital investment resulted in a redesigned printing line with UV curing, and a high speed aerosol line being introduced. Now with the move to our new factory being competed we are looking forward to investing further to enable us to compete in the fast moving metal packaging markets.